February 6, 2009

Le Cap Breton, 2eme Arrondissement, Paris, France

As I cried for crepes to my french friends, this was the place they brought me to. Although we had a reservation, we still had to wait for some time. The place was simply packed. Because it is near the Opera, it's a pretty popular destination for after-show diners.
The savory crepes were meant to be the main dish. They lacked flavour.. A very thin crepe dough was simply topped with cheese, tomato etc. Maybe it didn't address my taste, because everyone around me seemed to enjoy their dish. The portions were french size, not much filling :)
The sweet crepes as dessert were not sugary at all. They were basically made from savory crepe dough and topped with chocolate, honey etc. I would like nutella, banana crepes sold at street counters much better :=)
But Cidre Bouché Brut (french liquor) was delicious and it is a good company to the meal. We had two big bottles of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment