September 1, 2009

ÇokÇok, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey (second visit)

After the disappointment from my first visit I didn't consider giving this restaurant a second chance. However I felt responsible after the anonymous comment to my entry, and went there again to give a fair rating after all.
There are mainly international customers which I perceived as a sign of quality and taste but it simply doesn't address my gusto.
This time I only had a main dish. Fried noodles with prawns (pad thai kung sod). Isn't fried noodles supposed to be a dry dish? Noodles were wet and sticky (maybe because of the sliced watery tofu pieces) The dish came with dry chillies and roasted peanuts on the side which made the dish edible. The prawns didn't taste good.
I have only positive comments about the place: service personnel are nice and softdrink prices are moderate.
Not going there again, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment