April 20, 2010

Manorom Thai, 16 Maiden Lane Covent Garden London WC2E 7NJ

As a regular of covent garden, I was quite ashamed not having discovered this street. Manorom is a small, really small restaurant with less than 10 tables I suppose. It was deserted when we got there on a thursday evening around 6pm. You know when a restaurant is empty, one can't help but have prejudice for low quality/mediocre taste. Only 5 minutes after we put our bums on the chairs, the place was packed!
We preferred the 3-course dinner set menu. For less than 15 pounds we had awesome (seriously no words to describe it) spicy chicken soup, hearty portion of sweet and sour prawns, jasmin rice, veggies in oyster sauce and lychee desert. Amicable staff, good taste, great value.

Soon after this first visit I have taken another friend to this place on a friday evening and it was fully booked for the night. Apparently people have discovered this place already! If you haven't, consider it for your next time in covent garden:=)

Yes I was so hungry, I even forgot to take a picture..this gives me the excuse to go there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment