October 25, 2009

The Real Greek, 60 - 62 Long Acre, Covent Garden, London

To start with let me say this place is good food for value. Especially if you are into mediterranean cuisine you'll like it. As a beginner to greek cuisine I can't tell whether the dishes taste traditional but anyways they taste great. You can really feel that the ingredients used are fresh fresh!
In the picture you see Cretan Meal Deal, you choose couple of mezes and a main. Enjoy sharing!

After all I think a-la-carte items should be a little more cheaper. If you were to order meze individually they cost around 3-4 each. So you feel obligated to choose the sharer to get more value but then again the sharer options are limited to cheaper menu items.
I would still go there to try other dishes.

In my second visit I tried Soutzouki Souflaki; spicy beef sausage on flatbread topped with tzatziki. Intense taste and aroma but don't worry not that spicy plus yoghurt topping helps tone it down.

My third, fourth and ...visits followed as I got addicted to this place. Steamed baby potatoes are tasty and the red wine is fine. What I like about this place the most is manager Roman, such a fun guy! He must be tired as his restaurant is busy pretty much the whole time but he never shows. He is always cheerful and willing to have a few words with you :)

1 comment:

  1. The Greek and The Turkish cuisine is very much affected by the other one therefore if I can't find a Turkish Restaurant abraod to eat I allways prefer to eat at a Greek Reataurant to feel the breeze of Eagean Sea

    ReplyDelete