August 5, 2010

Dim T, 2 More London Place, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2DB (Second visit)

I am surprised with how I "may" actually become a regular to some restaurants. Emphasizing the word may as I'm always up for trying something new rather than going to same places. This time I had visitors from abroad, they preferred asian cuisine. London Bridge branch of this restaurant has a great view of Tower Bridge especially at night when it is lighted. Getting off the tube/bus at London Bridge you walk by the Thames on Queen's Walk in order to reach the restaurant which is good in both ways: On the way there you enjoy the promenade, on the way back it helps you digest all that food you have just eaten!
As starter: edamame beans (naturally good as it's hard to mess it up), duck spring rolls and satay chicken (both are disaster)
My guests have chosen crispy duck which is basically Beijing-style duck slices that comes with onions and pita. I go for udon noodle prawn teriyaki. Prawn was a bit blunt but the noodle tastes good and it is filling without giving you discomfort in the stomach.
I picked chocolate bento box as a dessert. Brownie and vanilla ice cream comes in a mysterious black box. I like these sort of little gimmicks that add to your dining experience. Some guests chose mango sorbet, I tried a bit as well, absolutely great. If you want something a little lighter you could choose this over brownie. And the picture is the fruit that went into the chocolate fondue dip :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment