October 25, 2009

Tas Restaurant, 22 Bloomsbury St, London, WC1B 3QJ

My first Turkish restaurant visit in the UK. More to come!
The long and feastish lunch began with the starters (mezes). Honestly I didn't like any of them. When I see the dishes I could tell what they are but then they taste totally different than what I normally expected! As for the main, I chose Hunkar Begendi (lamb on a creamy-aubergine sauce). That is one of my favourites in turkish cuisine. Here the sauce was well prepared however the meat, I couldn't eat...I could never know that I would forget all about my disappointment in the main dish by the time I had my first bite of the dessert. Baklava was alright. But the chestnut and cream was a blast! It's a retouch to the chestnut candy; lighter and still full taste. As you can see in the picture, the display is also nice huh?
I will try some other main dish before a final verdict :)

1 comment:

  1. Tell me how do you find the performance of Turkish Restaurants abroad? They're really having the same taste we had in TR or?

    ReplyDelete